TNT Day 53 - these final kilometers
14 Nov
Map 36: Osaka Hokusetsu Cemetery viewpoint (tent) -> Prince kaisei tomb 開成皇子 墓 -> minoh visitors center / train to hyogo prefecture (a futon in my brother's spare room)
Well after yesterday's walk I am only left with 3.8km to the minoh visitors center and the end of the Tokai nature trail. I then have an 8km walk through the minoh valley to the minoh train station.
I definitely have mixed feelings about ending this walk, on the one hand I will return to society and my normal life and on the other hand I will return to society and my normal life. There are pros and cons of each, but I will miss the simplicity of life on the trail and the beauty of the Japanese countryside (I won't miss the humidity or limited access to a hot shower).
Took my time packing up this morning, had one last cuppa overlooking the impressive Osaka hokusetsu cemetery while the sun rose.
Also took my time on the trail, taking 2 hrs to cover the 3.8km.
And then just like that I was done.
My certificate is number 210, so either not many people check in at the end of their walk or not many people have completed the walk in its 50yrs.
The Minoh valley and waterfall were teaming with tourists, school groups, painting classes and picnickers, and made for a very pleasant downhill walk to the station.
I was on the local train out of minoh by 1:30 and had reached my brother's town in hyogo prefecture by 4:30.
We had a great dinner of pizza and beer. I also fully unpacked my pack for the first time in a while and discovered I was carrying around a lot of excess food.
3.8km, highest point: 599.8m, elevation: +114m -399m.














Comments
Post a Comment