TNT Day 27 - inuyama bound

 16 Oct

Map 19: (tent) helicopter pad/picnic shelter -> iwami-yama -> kamekuri pond -> obora pond -> Mt. tsumagao -> inuyama (Airbnb)

Overcast, mid 20s, humid 

I said good bye to the helicopter pad at 7:30, and made my way into the recreation forest and up to the peak of iwami-yama.




Down the otherside and I walked along one of the streams that supposedly has a waterfall and cave along it - somehow I missed both, but the walk was still very lovely.

The trail led me into the back of inuyama base campground, I might not have been meant to walk through the campground but I did and also used their bathroom and grabbed some water. Out the front was kamekuri pond - not very pretty but there were a load of herons and ducks swimming around.

Continuing on I passed many solar farms while walking down another bike track. I came across some warning signs - I probably should heed the warnings if they bothered to put english on it.

Found some nice rest areas, 

And some not so nice ones 

Before entering some outer suburbs of inuyama.


Next stop was obora pond, only one fisherman today. At the back of the pond was a path to a rock face which had a little shrine at the bottom.



And then it was onto mt tsugao, which had lots of cute little guideboards.





The descent led down to a shrine and the path was littered with little shrines piled high with stones.



The upper shrine is quite unassuming and a nice place to rest.

The lower shrine is very fancy, with many buildings, statues, shrines and even a lift to get you there.





This fella reminded me of myself, oh how I wish my bag was only that big.

The trail led me along the Kiso river. I turned off the trail at the train station and made my way to my accommodation for the night.


16km, highest point: 265m, elevation: +516m -693m

Swapped 8km of the Tokai nature trail for 3.8km of trails through the Inuyama and Hasso Natural Recreation Forest.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tokai Nature Trail Maps and Resources (Tōkai Shizen Hodō / 東海自然歩道)

TNT Day 53 - these final kilometers

A collection of collections