TNT Day 36 - oh gourd
27 oct
Map 25: car to here in Kamiishizuchō Makida -> Kugumi Takehiko Shrine -> Sakuraishirotori Shrine -> Myoenji temple/Kamigatashirotori Shrine rest area (tent)
Overcast, evening rain
After a quick stop at a convenience store for lunch I bid my brother farewell and rejoined the trail.
Along with the varied Tokai nature trail signs and posts, there are now also gourds for me to follow! Early on in Gifu the signage was pretty poor but it has steadily increased in quality (and cuteness) the closer to Osaka I've gotten.
Kugumi Takehiko Shrine,
where you can pray, get a blessing and also sanitizer yourself.
The trail had me skirting along the urban/forest divide, ducking in and out of a boar/deer/bear exclusion fence and weaving through back alleys. Most of the forest seemed to be one big sprawling cemetery, in some areas there were concentrated plots while in others they were dotted between the trees.
It is meant to rain tonight so I've set up under the eves (read in the doorway) of the toilet block at the Myoenji temple/Kamigatashirotori Shrine rest area. I really am thankful that the toilets are so well maintained and cleaned here - there is no way i'd be sleeping anywhere near a public toilet block in Australia.
7km (walking from 1:30-4:30) (skipped 5.3km from Matsuoyama)







Comments
Post a Comment