TNT Day 37 - mie, oh my

 28 oct

Map 25 & 26: (tent) Myoenji temple/ Kamigatashirotori Shrine rest area -> yoro falls -> mikata-yama -> kokura-yama -> yoro-yama -> Hijiyama Torin Temple -> kawahara grand golf course/baseball field (tent)

3 peaks, 2 waterfalls, 1 happy hiker

I'm very glad I put my tent undercover last night as it rained steadily throughout the night - putting away a wet tent is just an extra time consuming hassle. Come morning it had eased to a light sprinkle and stopped around 8am.

From my camp spot the trail led me to this 'path'. I made the executive decision for the group to skip this damp, overgrown and likely leech infested track in favour of walking the backstreets of yoro.



Back on the trail.

Boar/deer/bear exclusion fencing. I think my road walking also saved me a lot of opening and closing gates.


Yoro falls.



The view from the carpark observatory before heading up into the forest.


Mikata-yama, a view and some memorials.


Kokura-yama, a view and a lovely gazebo.




Yoro-yama, no views but there was a tree full of gourds.


The trail up/down from/to Mino-Tsuya station is closed, luckily I was going down the otherside into Mie prefecture. Goodbye Gifu 👋.

Down some stairs...

And then up some stairs...

And then up some more...

And then down again. (A lot of these trails feel as though no-one has walked them in a while - but then every now and again I am reminded that others have been here.)

New prefecture, new signs. It took me a while but the white splat is actually a leaf with an acorn. Not much info on Mie signage but they are pretty good at keeping you on course - it's about the journey not the destination.

Kawahara no shira falls at Hijiyama Torin Temple.

Kawahara rice fields.

Kawahara solar fields.

Last little bit of trail for the day.


Home sweet home. Tonight's camp is at the kawahara baseball pitch.

20.6km, highest point: 848m, elevation: +1447m -1267m

Comments

  1. Great pictures Poppy - looks like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tokai Nature Trail Maps and Resources (Tōkai Shizen Hodō / 東海自然歩道)

TNT Day 53 - these final kilometers

A collection of collections