TNT Day 42 - typhoon weather
2 nov
Map 29: (tent) Suzuka pass -> katayama-jinja -> seki branch point // bus to seki station, Ishigakiya Guesthouse
Rain
Since I had covered 10km more than I thought I would yesterday, I had a very short 5km to walk to the bus stop that would take me into seki and more importantly to somewhere dry. It had rained all night and was going to continue for the rest of the day as the very edge of a typhoon passed over the area.
This was a great trail sign at Suzuka pass, shame it was the only one.
Walking the old Tokaido road.
Sekichosakashita town
Suzuka pass nature house, the former Sakashita Elementary and Secondary School which can be rented out for camps
The Suzuka Mago Uta Hall which has an attached observatory.
Sekichōkutsukake town
Seki station
I got off the bus at seki station and made my way next door to the roadside station, which had a lovely lounge area which I hung out in for a couple of hours before I could check-in to the guesthouse.
While I waited 2 old men (72 and 76) invited me over to their table for sochu, fried fish, cabbage and pickled plums. We traded stories through google translate. When they found out that I would be walking the 1km to the supermarket later, they produced some Tamago gohan (hot rice with a raw egg cracked into it) for me so I wouldn't have to go and get food later.
One of the men was from Okinawa and had been traveling around and living in his van for 7 months, his next stop after seki was to go and see his daughter. The other man was from Nagoya and had to go lie down after too much sake with his lunch. They were both sleeping in their vans in the carpark that night.
5km











Comments
Post a Comment